World is breaking down in economy life because of COVID-19. The solution, that can recover the economy and raise the market share again, is digital marketing platforms (online business).
Business owners are directed to online business through marketing platforms. In other words, to expand the business, increase sales and then reach new customers, you have to know the market needs and target audience, translation and localization services definitely will be your first step to understand and communicate with the world.
First we need to know the differences between Translation and Localization services and show how do they effect the business and market:
Translation: is the process of changing the content from one language into another so that the meaning is equivalent.
Example: House = Maison (house in French language)
At the end it gives us the same meaning, but it is expressed in specific language.
Localization: is the process of using different words in the same language according to the culture from one country to another, we don’t need to translate we need to localize; same language, different meaning.
Example: localizing from American English to British English:
- Spelling can be different as in “color” = “colour”.
- Certain words are used differently: Elevator/lift.
Also visuals need to be considered because they have different meaning in two different cultures.
All of this takes us to translation and localization services’ role in marketing industry that can help owners’ online platforms.
- Website Translation: The process of changing the original language of website content into another by using their own keywords to help in SEO process.
- Website Localization: The process of transferring web content for a different country, region, to another with its own culture standards.
Second: Translation and Localization help in knowing cultural needs:
In order to earn successful outcomes in today’s international competition in economy and market, you must use Translation and Localization services to connect culturally with your international audience. Consumer expectations may vary by industry and region. So beside translation service, you’ll have to perform many additional changes to provide a better user experience:
- Colors – They have various meanings, depending on website target audience, for example; In some countries white means death.
- Visuals – You must adapt photos to local cultures.
- Currencies – set different currency to fit each country
- Policy –Make sure you respect the rules, to avoid getting your business into difficult legal situation
Now we can say it clearly that translation and localization companies are very important to your business. In conclusion, DTPZONE will turn your visitors into customers, especially in cases if you need to highlight the USP’S for your product, or service on website. Our Translation and Localization services are a short-term expense for your long-term benefit. When you find it so hard in making a decision to move forward with the translation of your content, DTPZONE can always guide you which one of these two you need for your situation.